Friday, October 9, 2015

flipped biology post 2

Recently I watched a video on YouTube explaining diffusion and osmosis, which had a lot of animation and movements of instructor's pen on the board while explaining these important processes occurring through the cell membrane. I am currently teaching transport through the cellular membrane, and would like to create a simple animation showing a diffusion of, for example, water molecules by osmosis. I will try to do this using Explain Everything or something else.  I think I could draw particles of water molecules diffusing through cell membrane and explain the process at the same time just like I would do on my classroom board. I think I would be able to connect to students this way because they would have my own style of drawing molecules (usually my molecules look like smiley faces) and the text around it. I could have one video for comparing diffusion and osmosis and one for comparing active and passive transport through the cell membrane.

No comments:

Post a Comment