Thursday, September 24, 2015

Flipping my classroom, I can see many benefits. Yesterday I introduced One Point Perspective to my Art I. Instead of the students spending class time looking up vocabulary for the unit they could have watch a video of me introducing Middle Ages, Castle life then define the vocabulary at home. They would turn in their journals the following day. I could have started them on their drawings in class.
There are many circumstances where I could use this approach. I have used video of certain procedures of lessons for students to re-reach themselves at their leisure.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Having more time to do the art in the classroom with you is a great benefit of flipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine a lot of specific skills that would benefit from being placed in a video library and available to students when they need the concept or for reteaching.

    ReplyDelete