Saturday, September 26, 2015

A flipped French class

I believe flipping my classroom will enhance the students learning. It will give them a resource to use outside of the classroom to help them study vocabulary, learn grammar points and review at any time. I know I can save a lot of class time if I can get the students familiar with concepts before they come into the classroom. Then we will have more time to practice the concepts and apply them to real-life situations. I am certain it will be a real struggle to get my students to watch the videos at home. I will have to make it as easy as possible for them to access it. I'm excited to see what the outcome is from my first video.

2 comments:

  1. I think a foreign language class is a perfect place for videos. It would be a benefit for the students to be able to listen to the pronunciation at home. I know that Google translator does this as well, but it is really hard sometimes to pick up those sounds.
    I agree with you that you will have to make it as easy as possible to access. That is why I always choose You Tube even when I house the video somewhere else as well. Kids know You Tube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested in following your implementation of flipped learning. We have never had a world language teacher in any of our sessions but it seems like a great application. I know that I need to learn languages at my own pace and having a lesson on video accompanied by a teacher would be helpful to me as a learner.

    ReplyDelete