Thursday, December 11, 2014

STEM Concept Videos from MIT

MIT has posted some STEM concept videos that have come to my attention and I believe are worth viewing. I am less concerned about the content of the videos for our purposes but rather the organization.

Each video is 12-15 minutes in length, perhaps a little long for most K-12 students but appropriate for MIT students. The videos start with an interest sequence to draw the viewer in. Then the goals are stated and the explanations begin accompanied by visuals and examples. The review at the end brings it all together back to the stated goals. I also appreciate that the videos are accompanied by a through yet concise teachers’ guide. This can be a good model for our lessons.

The videography is a lot more slick that we need to be concerned with but the way the MIT professors organize their lessons is a good design model for us.

http://tll.mit.edu/help/stem-concept-videos




1 comment:

  1. I watched the Light video and I can use some of it in my class. It is too long for my students to watch, but I think that they are great for me as a refresher on certain concepts. I also like the objectives listed at the beginning, giving the students a focus.

    ReplyDelete