Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Some Recent Test Stats

I finished up my unit on the Body. I separate that unit into 3 sections: Skin, Skeletal, and Muscular. I gave the students a pre-test on the unit as a whole, then taught each sub section with a test for each. Last, I gave a post-test on the whole unit.
From the pre-test to the post-test, my scores went up 10%.

More interestingly were my sub unit tests scores compared with the type of video I created.

First, the video on skin was a quick "reminder" type video without much instruction. My students average score was an 89%.

I did not do a video on the skeletal system. The average score was 83%.

My video on the muscular system was more of an informative video. The average score was 98%.

The three tests were set up similar to each other, the content was of the same complexity, and none of it was previously taught by me prior to this unit. I also shared a video for each section from www.kidshealth.org.


Here are my links to the videos:
Skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSnveFVnW4
Muscular System: http://youtu.be/j7Ir1kiH2uk


1 comment:

  1. It looks like we are having similar results! Always good to see that. Something must be working.

    ReplyDelete