Friday, January 23, 2015

Dichotomous Key Unit

My flipped unit that I created during the first semester was a little different that what others have done. I did not create a single video for the unit. Instead, the students had readings that they had to complete for homework to compare them for the next day's work. The handouts are located on my webpage buchmanscience.weebly.com

I have my lesson plans/unit typed up but do not know how to (or if it is possible) to upload the file to the blog. If anyone would like to see them, please don't hesitate to comment and I will send it your way. :)

For the assessment, students were given pictures of 9 different organisms, given a day to make the spider key, a day to use the spider key to create the dichotomous key, and then a third day was used to test the students on if they could use a dichotomous key.

No comments:

Post a Comment