Monday, October 27, 2014

Project Based Learning Resource

Since we began learning about the Flipped Classroom I have been searching for ways to transform my classroom. For me, the primary tool I am using is Project Based Learning or PBL. I have found many resources that address what is needed for a PBL and how to develop a PBL that goes beyond just another project. One such site is the Buck Institute for Education. They are a not-for-profit that seeks to help teachers prepare students for life through quality PBL development.


 Click on the image below for a PBL Essential elements Checklist.

http://bie.org/object/document/pbl_essential_elements_checklist
PBL Essential Elements Checklist link

2 comments:

  1. The Buck Institute has some good models for PBL. Many school districts in the state are using their plan. Flipped lessons can work will with PBL units using Buck or other models.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a really good, short book out there by Ted McCain on PBL's. I really enjoyed it, and it helped me to figure out how I wanted to implement them in my class. I am no where near his level, but it's a goal!

    ReplyDelete